Games : RetroN5 - Extreme lag between controller input and seeing results on screen?

When trying to play a game on my RetroN5 (which is hooked up to an Insignia HDTV (that doesn't have "Game Mode") I have extreme latency between pushing a button on the controller and seeing the results on-screen.


Everything I have read suggests that the TV just isn't handling the video rendering and that I need to turn on "game mode". However, the TV doesn't have game mode, and I have zero issue with responsiveness when playing Xbox-360, PS2, or using the TV as a monitor for a laptop. It only occurs with the RetroN5.


This is acceptable for turn based games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, etc. but when you try to play anything that requires even a shred of timing, the game is virtually unplayable.


0 comments:

Post a Comment